Friday, November 3, 2006

For Country and (the) King


Yesterday, I voted for the very first time! Woohoo! It was whoppin' easier than I thought it was gonna be. But they didn't give me an "I Voted" sticker, which put a damper on things. Oh well. And as I stood in line behind my mom, one of the ladies helping out cynically reminds me that I don't look old enough to vote. So I just waved my voter registration card at her. Take that.

And just as exciting: Leslie graduated today and is officially a Marine!! We've been able to keep in touch over the past few months via letters, and I'm sure she's über-relieved that boot camp is over. She should be coming home tomorrow, and she promised we'd go to Jason's Deli sometime so I can get a panini. Yessss. Oh, and we might talk in-between bites. If you think of it, keep praying for her: I was able to share the gospel with her before she left, and I think she understands most of it, but I'm still hoping to see her commit her life to the Lord. :)

3 comments:

  1. Jessica was kind enough to say "this is my mom, does SHE look old enough to vote?"

    Someday you will love looking 12.

    ReplyDelete
  2. way to be a fine citizen, jess!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They better give you a sticker next time.

    ReplyDelete