Sunday, September 3, 2006

Tea... and Other Cool Things

This is probably a new record for me: hot tea on the 3rd of September. Well, maybe I used to drink it around now back in Maryland. But it's still in the 90's here - what gives? Ehh... the arctic temperatures in church today and my brand new cold. Ironically, last week I was talking with the mom I babysit for about how everybody starts getting sick around now. Remind me to keep my back-to-school observations to myself next year.

Earlier today I did something I need to do SO much more frequently. Daily, if not hourly. Minutely. I made the choice to forgive, which is very painful because I have a jumbo chunk of pride that I insist on dragging around with me. But taking the chisel of forgiveness to that pride, chipping away some small fragment, was incredible. Not 10 minutes later the devil was shoving lies into my head, reminding me how much "fun" it is to be bitter, daring me to disobey God and pick up that fragment. And it felt really good to laugh inside and say "Nothin' doin'. I HAVE CHOSEN TO FORGIVE."

But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. -2 Cor 12:9

No comments:

Post a Comment