Friday, September 29, 2006

A Few Numbers

Saying that I'm glad it's the weekend would be a gross understatement.

The 5th week of school just ended and as of today I have:

  • read approximately 599 pages
  • taken approximately 97 pages of notes (155 if you include the Government notes I would have taken if my neighbor hadn't given me hers)
  • survived 4 rounds of Survivor in Government class
  • stayed awake through approx. 27 PowerPoint presentations
  • taken 5 quizzes
  • taken 2 exams
  • been forced to neglect the 53 e-mails in my inbox
  • and wished they would turn the AC down 1,367,938 times.

Only 11 more weeks to go!

I'm sure these numbers aren't impressive (especially to crazy Jennifer who is taking what, 21 hours this semester???), but I wanted to have them logged somewhere.

I also had two people ask about my promise ring yesterday. Actually, they asked if I was engaged. I should probably think of something to tell them besides "Oh, no, it's a promise ring" because they probably don't understand what kind of promise ring it is. I guess I just feel a little awkward blurting out, "Actually, it's a promise ring symbolizing my commitment to abstinence until marriage!"

Next week: 3 exams and lots more sitting on my butt.

1 comment:

  1. you are cracking me up. i love all those numbers. maybe i'll start counting things. okay, well, probably not.

    ReplyDelete