Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Yup yup yup.

Today I've been doing some reflecting on my old job. And food. Ohhhh food.
A year ago today is when the bagel shop closed. I do miss their food a lot, but that's not the food I've been reflecting on. I have been praising God, who has provided for my needs over the past year even without a "real" job. (League of Extraordinary Babysitters, unite!!) Jehovah Jireh indeed.

The food comes into play because of some mystery virus I contracted who-knows-where. Yesterday must have been one of the most miserable days of my life as far as illness goes. By the time I got home from school, I was praising God for keeping my insides intact through that last class. And we'll skip the TMI, but after several hours in the bathroom with no relief I was begging God to just let me throw up. (And normally, I would rather eat Brussels Sprouts wrapped in American Cheese. Though they might have that effect anyway.)

What made yesterday so miserable was that I didn't get that relief for several more hours. Oh my goodness, a normal tummy has never felt so good in my life! (I'm really thankful I still live with my mommy.) And today I stuck with the liquids diet, so of course I'm craving everything. I didn't want to take the chance of having a relapse in school tomorrow, so I'm saving my munch-fest till after then. Tomorrow afternoon has never felt so far away.

Anyone wanna go out for a late lunch? And dinner? And maybe something like dessert too? Just follow the rumbles of my tummy.

I'm sure you've found this immensely interesting. ;) To reward those of you who read all the way through... here's a *pickle*. You don't know how special you are.

2 comments: