Tuesday, August 8, 2006

Heavens to Fauntleroy

For those who asked, we're moving again because the owner of the house we rent decided he wants to sell it. Since we don't want to buy it, we have until the end of the month to move out. So no major move this time, thank God! (Though this will be the third time I've moved in this city. Heh.)

My mother and I saw four houses today. A couple of them would work for us, but we haven't been able to find anything in this immediate area - we live pretty much right in-between church and where my dad works. One house was up closer to church (prolonging dad's commute), and the other was closer to dad's office (making it a longer drive to church [and college, for that matter]). Both houses had bugs on the floor. ;) It makes things interesting but gives us plenty of opportunity to trust God.

Wow - I was looking at my calendar and noticed that four years ago I was in Rand, West Virginia. Missions trip. I think my team ended up doing inventory on the 8th. Lots and lots of ladders and paint cans and brushes. Oh my.

Last Friday, Boo graciously invited me to her house for Spanishfest! We spent a few hours reviewing last semester's Spanish (so we only look like partial idiots when Spanish starts again) and then enjoyed Moulin Rouge, one of the more bizarre flicks I've seen. Quite good, though. She's recruited another fan. Later that evening, Rebecca chanced to call and suggested going out to a movie. However, since theaters on Friday nights are comparable to Brussels sprouts in hollandaise sauce, I countered with the "girl's night in" idea. So we rented Rent and went to her apartment. Unfortunately, we disliked the movie quite a bit. But it was fun to get together.

Now I'm off to do more fun things that involve boxes.

No comments:

Post a Comment