Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Ballad of the Trigger-Happy


Ho ho! I love deleting stuff.
Emptying my virtual wastebasket
Saying goodbye to 1,534,892 files
that I don't need or use.
What a thrill! To see them go
so unceremoniously, with the
click of a button.
No lasting enjoyment from this
act will come, but nothing else
gives such momentary pleasure as
deleting stuff. Ho!

Actually, this morning I deleted 27 buddies from AIM. Screen names people no longer use, people who haven't bothered to contact me in a year or more, or people I just don't talk to. Felt quite nice, what what, to declutter that small area of my life. If only cleaning my room were so easy.

We got word that we can move this weekend, praise God! And I will mention that this time around, I'm probably moving 2/3 the amount of stuff I moved three years ago. That in itself is a reason to praise God. Beware, Packrat-itis! Thou shalt not find me in thine clutches so easily as my father. Poor soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment