Friday, December 22, 2006

Ah, the smell of eBay in the morning!

During some online exploring I discovered that one of my 12 feedbacks (I'm such a NEWB as my brother would say) is neutral. Neutral? Whoa, what did I do? I wasn't that bothered because apparently said neutral was not enough to affect my rating of 100%. This is why I never noticed it.

So anywho, I curiously went to check out this feedback and see what a bad girl I'd been. :) It read:
"Right back at ya! I ship as quick as I can, sure didn't deserve a neutral!"

Ah, so this is from someone I left a neutral for. I am quite stingy with my neutrals, by the way. Especially now since any negative feedback could utterly ruin my eBay career, no? This is what my feedback said:
"Took over a week to ship, but item is just as described."

Oh yes. This is the item that took almost two weeks to reach me. I noticed other feedback on this woman's page mentioned slow shipping, but these users were content enough to at least leave a positive. So then I got to thinking about whether my patience was really the issue, or if her neutral was merited. What do you guys think?

I, for one, am not sorry I left her a neutral. Her eye-for-an-eye attitude certainly didn't change mine. (Ah, I get a neutral because I left you one. How very mature, madam.) Is it just me, or does the eBay population include quite a few high-school-level drama lovers?

5 comments:

  1. How could you get it wrong? Its "NOOB"!!! Thats pretty harsh. I don't think them leaving nutruel is fair but what do I know?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do have a right to give her a neutral, but could you really blame her for the slow shipping? Shipping is really a problem, it can be so unpredictable. But also the lady should work on her Customer Service because it will probably eventually get around that she doen't have quick shipping. I use ebay fairly often(and my mother even more) and I've never had a problem w/ shipping. But I think you did alright giving her a neutral. If there is a problem, I would think that the seller would like to know, so she can fix it!

    Jessica I will call you tomorrow! We mustn't miss a week!
    Love you loads
    Adrienne

    ReplyDelete
  3. too funny! that sounds like e-bay blackmail right there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ack! J, we were out all day that day and when we got home, it was pretty late! I am going to call you tonight!

    Adrienne

    ReplyDelete