Thursday, November 6, 2008

Entry # Whatever

We're back at home doing fine and dandy. All we got out of Ike were:

1: Five inches of leaves (give or take) all over the yard
2: A lower electricity bill for the month
And 3: Messed up syllabi for the rest of the semester

I'm pleased to report progress on behalf of Adrian (the dog). We finally gave in and took her to the vet (for the second time in 4 months). We left with $150 worth of medicine and flea treatments. :P BUT her scratching no longer keeps us up at night, and we've been diligently re-training her that outside is the place to relieve herself. No new tricks yet, but we might try "Stop digging used tissues out of the trash can." Good girl!

I'm learning that becoming a sign language interpreter is one of the most fun, challenging, and rewarding things I could possibly do. Jason and I attended a pre-Thanksgiving feast at a Deaf church in the area and had a great time. A visiting church from Arkansas entertained us with some deaf "singing."









We're finally making progress in our upstairs half bath! The hideous wallpaper and laminate are gone. In their place: beautiful tile and a decent paint color. (You can check out pictures of our home projects here.)

Well I'm off to pack... Jason's coming to work with me for the weekend while the parents are off in Mexico for a wedding. I predict great fun, and if we're lucky: Jason's first diaper change! ;D

2 comments:

  1. Praying the weekend goes well for you. What did the vet say was causing Adrian's scratching?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love asl too!!
    I hope to take an asl class at Cy-Fair in the future.

    ReplyDelete