Thursday, August 14, 2008

Just for kicks

Maybe updating now will help establish a habit before school starts. ;)

I've been off all week (only working for a few hours Wednesday afternoon and then this Saturday) so I've been putting the time to good use... catching up on blogs, cleaning up around the house, running errands, relaxing, etc. (You all know very well that relaxing is a good use of time. ;))

Only 3 days of "vacation" left, then it's back to work for a week and then back to school the week after that. Now that I think about it, I don't think I've updated anybody on my school plans recently. (Or anything else, for that matter.) I'm quite excited, actually, which is saying something because I really dislike school. I think it's the homework. And the fact that I demand absolute scholastic perfection from myself.

I graduated with my A.A. this past spring and was planning to take off through the fall (since I missed a transfer application deadline) and transfer to another university in the spring. Long story short, I'll be going BACK to the community college (this will be my 4th year there - eek) to get my certificate as a sign language interpreter. I took an ASL class in the spring and fell in love - I'd been interested in the language for a long time and finally getting a taste of it ignited a desire to know more. Lord willing I'll transfer to that other university within the year and begin taking classes there towards my bachelors.

I think it shall be super duper awesome.

On another note, today is Anti-Valentines Day!! Jason and I politely refused to celebrate on February 14th, and instead scheduled our V-Day for 6 months later. We contemplated wearing all black but it's too hot. We will be watching Corpse Bride later. ;)

3 comments:

  1. No one can believe you actually blogged.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with your Mom, I can't believe it.
    (course,we've discussed another post??hmm?? like a continuation of the J and J love story? 'memeber that?)
    I'm glad you have posted.
    Now what days will you be on campus? You may or may not already have told me this.

    I WILL call you tomorrow..if I do nothing else...

    ReplyDelete
  3. FINALLY!!! So glad to catch up on your doings. By the way, let me know if you want me to teach Adrian some of my tricks. In the meantime, watch all the episodes of Dog Whisperer that you can on National Geographic TV (friday nites)! Love ya,
    Pancho

    ReplyDelete